Tuesday 22 December 2009

On Christmas.

Decided to post something I wrote in the comments section of a Huffington Post article, one that seems to have been obliterated by the moderators screening the comments. Ah well.


My response:

"those who are willing to drop an "F" bomb 17 times versus the teary-eyed and inspired."


Erm, no.


It was more against a singer/sock puppet from a tv show being pimped with a song that would have been written a long time ago, and apart from a potential Christmas number one, something we'd never have heard of again. I don't watch the X-Factor, but when I reviewed the list of recent winners, only Leona Lewis sticks out as someone still recording(Or at least someone whose face I could recall from memory), although the theme tune to Avatar may yet bury her career. I have no problem with "teary-eyed and inspired", but this isn't anything to do with that. This the X-Factor, where people are teary-eyed and inspired because all of a sudden they won't have to pack shelves for pay(At least for six months or so). This is an act that not only ignores the boundaries of artistic credulity, but bounces back and forth with a grin on it's face screaming


"Your struggle means nothing! I have won a crap televised popularity contest and I will lower expectations by my very existence, therefore lowering the importance of every artist out there! Woot!".


But what am I to expect from an American journo. Didn't more people vote for American Idol than for President not too long ago?

No comments:

Post a Comment